The villa was built over 3½ years by local stonemasons out of local stone. It sits in a peaceful and secluded Olive grove down a secluded, unmade up track, within the boundary of the hill village of Paleokatouna. The village is untouched by time or tourism and has three churches and a Taverna run by the charming Dimitri. He is always eager to welcome our guests and his Taverna is only a five minute walk away. The spectacular panoramic views of the islands and Ionian Sea dominate the villa and with the changing light from the morning sunrise over the mountains to the sun setting on the mainland most guests say they could look at it all day. If you can tear yourself away all you need for your holiday is a short distance in Nidri with numerous Bars, Restaurants, clubs, mini super markets, bakeries, butchers and fish shops. In Nidri, water sports, boat hire and ferries to other islands are within easy reach. Nidri is a safe area for teenagers to enjoy some nightlife and the main street is pedestrianised at night.
The villa comprises 5 en-suite bedrooms, two have baths. One bedroom has a four-poster Super-king size bed. Three bedrooms can be made up with twin beds or Super-king double beds, giving flexibility to the accommodation. The large lower room has two 4’6” beds, ideal for teenagers, so the villa can take 12 persons if 4 use this room. All the mattresses are 5-star Hotel Hypnos mattresses. There is a choice of feather or synthetic pillows. The sheets are 100% cotton.
Inside the villa there is seating around the fireplace and a large inside dining table. On the extensive terrace there is an attractive outdoor seating area with rattan sofas with cushions and low tables with candle lanterns. There is also an outside dining table near a stone built BBQ. The pool area is furnished with 10 teak pool loungers and two double hammocks under an African thatched covered area and three large free standing umbrellas. Numerous other benches, tables and chairs are round the garden and terraces, so everyone can find their own space in the sun or shade.
- Full central heating. Air-conditioning and insect screens in bedrooms.
- Hunter ceiling fans in bedrooms, Kitchen area and under veranda roof.
- Modern and efficient waste system with large pipe work. Unlimited water supply.
- Hi Fi with Ipod lead, TV, DVD, DVD Library. Wi-Fi internet access.
- Toy box and games.
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, electric hob and oven, Large Fridge/Freezer with ice maker, separate drinks fridge in a drinks cupboard, Magimix, Juicer, toasted sandwich maker, Liquidiser, Coffee machine, meat slicer, toaster, electric kettle, safe.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine, dryer, sink, drying rack, iron and ironimg board.
- Pool towels and beach towels supplied.
- Sheets and towels changed twice a week.
- 20 hours a week maid service over four days. During high & peak seasons daily maid service of 26 hours a week. More if required.
- Pool maintained and cleaned twice a week.
- Extensive lighting on all terraces with sensor lights from where the cars are parked to guide you leaving and returning to the villa at night.
- Lunch/Dinner can be delivered to the villa. A good idea on the first day so that you can settle in.
- Rentals run from Sunday to Sunday.
- 2 Travel cots
- 1 Highchair
- Plastic plates, cups and cutlery for children
- Extra folding bed
- Stone BBQ with utensils
- Giant Jenga
- Bridge table, cards